Your Shopping Cart is Empty
Last Updated May 2022
Your privacy is important to Rodd & Gunn. This Policy explains how Rodd & Gunn collects, uses, discloses, and retains your information.
In the course of operating the Platform, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
- Personal Information
- Billing Information
- Transaction Information
- Other Information.
You may be asked to voluntarily provide your personal information to Rodd & Gunn anytime you are in contact with Rodd & Gunn, including when you purchase products or services through retail locations or websites, register for an account or request a catalog. You may choose not to provide certain requested personal information; however you may not be able to purchase products or services or access certain features of the Rodd & Gunn website.
We log all data regarding transactions conducted via the Platform, such as what was purchased, when, the purchase price, and similar data (collectively, the “Transaction Information”). We may correlate such Transaction Information with the Personal Information.
In addition to Personal Information, Billing Information, and Transaction Information, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information, including information that is not associated with or linked to your personal information, that has been aggregated or otherwise anonymized so that it no longer relates to an identifiable individual”). Such Other Information may include:
- From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g., via a survey or questionnaire), such as gender, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify you personally.
- From Your Activity. Information that we automatically collect when you use the Platform, including, without limitation:
- IP addresses, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or device; browser type and language; referring and exit pages and URLs; access date and time; amount of time spent on particular pages; what sections of the Platform you visit;
- Information about a mobile device, including universally unique ID (“UUID”), platform type and version (e.g., iOS or Android), carrier and country location, hardware and processor information (storage, chip speed, camera resolution, NFC enabled, and network type (WiFi, 2G, 3G, 4G); and
- Activity and usage information occurring via the Platform, including content that a user views and the duration and sequence of such viewing; in-site purchases; survey responses; preferences; session lengths; and similar data.
- From Cookies and other technologies. Rodd & Gunn's websites, online services, e-mail messages, and advertisements may use "cookies" and other similar technologies, such as web beacons, pixel or gif tags, and action tags. These technologies collect information that assist Rodd & Gunn in improving our products and services, as well as customer communications and advertising. Cookies are small packets of data that a Platform stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Platform. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Platform may not function properly.
- Third-Party Analytics
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Platform.
Rodd & Gunn adheres to the CAN-SPAM Act which requires businesses to get permission prior to sending emails or text messages, identify themselves when sending any messages and make it easy for recipients to unsubscribe within each communication. Consent can be implied, or express - express consent means that you have clearly agreed to receive communication, either written or orally (eg. Signing up for a newsletter on the website), while implied consent could involve supplying your email through making a transaction for products or services.
No matter the type of consent you've given, as a recipient of communication you can request to stop receiving communication any time through the unsubscribe mechanism that will be provided within each communication. As the sender, we will respect your request and cease communication within 10 business days.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Companies
How Do We Share The Information We Receive?
You authorize us to use Personal Information, Billing Information, Transaction Information and Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) in connection with our products and services; to maintain and improve our Platform and services; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our services.
You also authorize us to use and/or share information as described below and we Rodd & Gunn commit to not selling or renting your data or information to third parties, in any state of the US, for the below purposes:
For Transactions: In order to process transactions for any purchase you make through our Platform, we may need to share your Personal Information, Billing Information and Transaction Information with our suppliers, third party payment processors and product manufacturers.
Businesses and Individuals: We work closely with other businesses and individuals, such as third party marketing partners for catalogue distribution or advertising purposes, and we may share information about you with those businesses and individuals. We may also from time to time share Personal Information, Transaction Information, and/or Other Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include providing Platform services, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These Service Providers have access to the Information as needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Improving our Platform: In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and our Platform, we may analyze non personal Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Platform. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
With Our Affiliates: We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. For example, we may post your testimonial about the Platform or our products along with your name. If you want your name and/or your testimonial removed after you’ve granted us such permission, please contact us as set forth below.
How We Protect Your Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Platform may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Which Information Can I Access?
We give you access to information about your Personal Information, your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
The Platform is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Platform and/or providing us with any information, you consent to this transfer.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with Rodd & Gunn may choose to opt out of our sharing their Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out, or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Contact Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at:
Rodd & Gunn USA Inc
154 Grand Street, 6th Floor
New York, NY, 10013
In addition, we do not monitor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
How to Contact Us
Copyright 2022 Rodd & Gunn USA Inc. All rights reserved.