Down Under To Dallas

Southwest style

10th August 2018
Fascinated by the rugged New Zealand landscape and Dallas’ rich heritage, our latest lodge is leading the way in experiential retail.
New Lodge Open - NorthPark Center, Dallas, Texas




Aspirations have grown far beyond Australian and New Zealand shores, as our American expansion confidently continues at the NorthPark Center, Dallas, Texas; marking our 7th location in America.

As you walk through the doors the thoughtfully conceived space immediately transports you to a familiar New Zealand lodge – polished, rustic and relaxed. The evolutionary concept melding the New Zealand heritage into bricks and mortar with ease.

NorthPark Center, Dallas, Texas
NorthPark Center, Dallas, Texas




The natural world informs much of the store’s design; an American oak wood ceiling and contrasting charcoal beams make for notable organic elements. Accented with brass and adorned with a chandelier, the store harmoniously blends understated luxury with indulgent style.

The décor is a culmination of both New Zealand and Dallas’ heritage, as 60% of the store was predesigned in New Zealand and the remaining 40% sourced from antique stores in Dallas.

"I visited 21 antique stores in Dallas to find one-of-a-kind pieces that would give the store a unique flare – something quintessentially Rodd & Gunn," explains Global Visual Merchandise and Store Design Manager, Nik Rush.

The store's charm is enriched by the eclectic antique collection. "Each piece has a story that is authentic and timeless – a sentiment echoed in Rodd & Gunn's collections," notes Rush.

Upcycling was key as the pieces were reimagined into functional furniture; an old antique door was transformed into a coffee table, time-worn industrial drawers were repurposed as a shoe display and wooden planters from 1920 were modernised housing fiddle leaf figs.

The bespoke store is just a taste of what is to come as Rodd & Gunn continue to raise the bar in experiential retail.

NorthPark Center, Dallas, Texas

Celebrating Nature's Miracle Fibre